Privacy and Personal Information
We believe we should protect your privacy and that you are the one who should have control about what we do with your information.
Why we need to collect your information
- To fulfil our responsibilities as a provider of health and support programs.
- To enable us to provide you with the most appropriate service for your needs.
- Provide you with information about us.
- Interact with government funding departments, medical and other third parties.
What will happen if you don’t provide us with the correct information?
- You have the right to withhold information from us or Centre Link.
- Fees may be charge at the highest rate if you don’t provide us with
the correct information about your income.
- If information about health and safety is not provided life Unlimited may decide not to provide a service, or may change the type or location of the service.
Collection of your personal information
- Because you are our main source of information we will try to always ask you directly. Occasionally we may need to contact your family, doctor, or agencies that assist you, and referees. We will only contact agencies or other people with your permission.
- We collect your information in various ways: in writing, by telephone, fax or email, by contracted agents, our staff and other service providers.
We collect information about you for the primary purpose of providing quality supports and services to you. We need to collect some personal information from you to ensure our services meet your needs. If you do not provide this information, we may be unable to fully provide these services. This information will also be used for:
- administrative purposes for running our service
- billing you directly, through the NDIS, or other agency if required
- use within our service to ensure you are provided with quality supports and services.
- disclosure of information to the NDIA, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, or other government agencies if needed
- disclosure of information to health professionals to ensure high quality health care for you if needed
- disclosure to other providers in order to provide appropriate services
Who will see or have access to your personal information
Your information will only be seen or used by our paid staff and volunteers working for Life Unlimited. These people will have all signed a confidentially agreement and will know they must treat your information with respect. This information is restricted to those who need to provide you with a service. All information must be kept secure.
There may be certain occasions when we have to disclose information without your consent such as:
- Perceived neglect or risk of abuse.
- Incidents of serious criminal offence.
- Serious concerns for the health or safety of people.
- A court of law may subpoena a participant or a staff member and Life Unlimited is required by law to provide the file.
Third party information
If access to this information is requested by you or another party we will consult with the party that gave us the information before access is granted or refused.
How can you view or change your file?
You can ask for information from your Life unlimited file, this request must be in writing. If your request requires detailed searching of our records we may charge you a fee in order for us to provide this information. Please let us know if there are any errors in our records and we will be happy to correct any inaccuracies. If you have a difference of opinion we will keep both opinions on file. It is our aim to provide you with this information as soon as possible, but we may require up to 30 days to-do so.